Friday, February 3, 2012

Marilyn Monroe Quotes And Sayings

Marilyn Monroe Quotes, Marilyn Monroe Sayings and I was watching a movie about the stunning Marilyn Monroe at the weekend when I thought "why not write a Marilyn Monroe Sayings Blog", I often talk to myself but at least then I know I get at least one intelligent conversation a day.

Marilyn Monroe Quotes And Sayings

Born Norma Jeane Mortenson, but baptized Norma Jeane Baker she went on to become the biggest female icon in the history of acting. Everyone loved Marilyn Monroe and Norma Jeane was a lot smarter than she made out to be.

It gives me great pleasure today to bring you 20 Marilyn Monroe Sayings and I hope you enjoy them just as much I did. I am also bringing you a Marilyn Monroe Video at the end but for now enjoy the Marilyn Monroe Sayings and if you enjoy them share my website with your friends on Facebook or Twitter.

  • I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
  • A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesnt believe, and leaves before she is left. 
  • It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone. 
  • The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't. 
  • People had a habit of looking at me as if I were some kind of mirror instead of a person. They didn't see me, they saw their own lewd thoughts, then they white-masked themselves by calling me the lewd one. 
  • Some people have been unkind. If I say I want to grow as an actress, they look at my figure. If I say I want to develop, to learn my craft, they laugh. Somehow they don't expect me to be serious about my work.
  • I'm trying to find myself as a person, sometimes that's not easy to do. Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves. But it is something I must do. The best way for me to find myself as a person is to prove to myself that I am an actress. 
  • Hollywood's a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss, and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents. 
  • Fame will go by and, so long, I've had you, fame. If it goes by, I've always known it was fickle. So at least it's something I experience, but that's not where I live. 
  • People respect you because they feel you've survived hard times and endured, and although you've become famous, you haven't become phoney. 
  • I want to grow old without facelifts... I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I've made. Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age, to die young, but then you'd never complete your life, would you? You'd never wholly know you. 
  • I've often stood silent at a party for hours listening to my movie idols turn into dull and little people. 
  • I didn't pay much attention to the whistles and whoops, in fact, I didn't quite hear them. I was full of a strange feeling, as if I were two people. One of them was Norma Jeane from the orphanage who belonged to nobody; the other was someone whose name I didn't know. But I knew where she belonged; she belonged to the ocean and the sky and the whole world. 
  • My marriage brought me neither happiness nor pain. My husband and I hardly spoke to each other. This wasn't because we were angry. We had nothing to say. 
  • I always felt I was nobody and the only way for me to be somebody was to be... well, somebody else. 
  • Suicide is a person's privilege. I don't believe it's a sin or a crime. It's your right if you want to, though it doesn't get you anywhere. 
  • My illusions didn't have anything to do with being a fine actress. I knew how third rate I was. I could actually feel my lack of talent, as if it were cheap clothes I was wearing inside. But, my God, how I wanted to learn, to change, to improve! 
  • I was never used to being happy, so that wasn't something I ever took for granted. You see, I was brought up differently from the average American child because the average child is brought up expecting to be happy. 
  • Blond hair and breasts, that's how I got started. I couldn't act. All I had was blond hair and a body men liked. The reason I got ahead is that I was lucky and met the right men. 
  • Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment